Monday, July 28, 2008

'Hope this plan 309th will work

Monday came. Even though Janssen doesn't have his class today, I still woke him up at 8am. This is a very early waking time for him because he usually sleeps late at night, 2:30am the latest. He could hardly open his eyes and just transferred from one pillow to another when he realized that there's nothing to be excited about... there is no TV to turn on.
TV is actually one of the reason's why he sleeps late at night. He waits until it signs off, literally, until there's nothing there to watch. And sometimes he even enjoys watching the dotted, gray image flashed after the national anthem. For sometime, we tried to be in control. Since I work in a mid-shift schedule, I turn-off the TV once I get home from work. But this doesn't work, especially when it's around midnight and everybody is asleep. He screams at the top of his lungs and will not stop unless we turn back on the TV. For a time, we put it out and covered it with a plywood. He recognized what was being covered and there after, our desire to keep him away from it resulted to no avail.
Today, my husband and I completely eliminated the TV, put it away form his sight. Before I went to work, I made certain that he was asleep and I wish that he will be awake around 4 in the afternoon so that by 9 or 10pm he'll be asleep. 'Hope this plan 309th will work.

No comments: